Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Back to school. Again.

I'm leaving for Copan Ruinas tomorrow, a small city near the Guatemalan border. Tim and I are taking the bus and meeting Gloria there. She's been there for a week with a group building houses in a nearby village. 

On Saturday, I'll move in with a local family. Then on Monday I start Spanish school. The Ixbalanque Spanish School. Class is 5 days a week, 4 hours a day, for 2 weeks. Plus, the school arranges your home stay with the idea that you'll be practicing your Spanish every night at home. So hopefully I'll learn a lot. 

Copan Ruinas is supposed to be really cool (at least according to Lonely Planet). There are some Mayan ruins there and the town itself is small and quaint. Lots of students, lots of cafes, so hopefully I'll meet some interesting people and drink a lot of good coffee. And hopefully this will work out better than my last try at school...

No comments:

Post a Comment