Monday, February 23, 2009

Hola, me llamo Lena

We stuck with the basic basics today. I learned numbers, days, months and introductions. I also learned a few words about what I'm studying at school, but that was hard. Try translating women and gender studies (I went with "a little bit of psychology, a little bit of women, a little bit of gender, a little bit of equality. Close?).

Here's my workbook (libro de trabajo). My homework for tonight deals with numbers. Mostly just looking at them and then writing out the words.

Learning Spanish is making me realize how much French I know. French sort of helps me understand people in Spanish, but doesn't help me say anything back. And I keep pronouncing Spanish words like they're French ones. I'm working on it....

1 comment:

  1. have there been a lot of situations in which people were talking to you and you couldn't understand them or communicate, or have there usually been people who speak english around, or you've kind of been able to pick up what they were saying?

    ReplyDelete