Tuesday, March 24, 2009

a brief pause

Tomorrow I'm leaving for La Esperanza, a small village in the mountains in northwestern Honduras. I'll be there for about a week on a medical trip with students from Duke's med school. I think I'll mostly be helping with translating. The students will be running an outpatient clinic. Then we'll head to Copan for a few days for more doctoring.

In Esperanza, we'll be living in the community. No electricity, no water, no internet. So no blog updates for awhile. But (hopefully) lots of good stuff to come. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like your followers have paused their comments while you're in the mountains. While you're dealing with no electricity, water and internet, I'm dealing with no more Cleveland International Film Festival. Time to get my life going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greeting from Virginia! I am enjoying reading about your adventures....a tad different than Hilton Head...

    ReplyDelete