Saturday, March 7, 2009

La Ley & El Orden

It's inescapable. Seemingly in constant simultaneous syndication on every NBC affiliate in the US, Law & Order is even in Honduras. The tv in my room gets three channels that I can (sometimes) watch. CNN, which is in English; TNT, which shows movies no one wants to watch either dubbed in Spanish or with Spanish subtitles; and Universal Movie Channel, which shows movies and old tv re-runs with Spanish subtitles. 

So basically I thought there wasn't anything good on tv here. Until I figured out Law & Order was one of the shows on Universal Movie Channel. And it's on all of the time. 

At first I felt bad about watching Law & Order when I could be immersing myself in Honduran culture by watching some telenovela. But thank god I'm so good at rationalizing. Watching Law & Order is actually an educational experience for me because I read the Spanish subtitles. So I'm working on my Spanish while I get my Christopher Meloni fix. And I'm learning some really useful words like "rape," "witness," "arraignment" and "sexual harrasment."

No comments:

Post a Comment