Monday, March 2, 2009

White and blue

Saturday night I had a really cool experience, although it took me awhile to completely figure out what was happening. 

I went to a rally for la Partidad National, which is Honduras' conservative party. The rally was in an empty lot on a corner in Copan. It was being held for Helmy, the dad I'm living with, who's running for mayor. Elections are in November. The rally was pretty similar to local campaign rallies at home. A big stage with lots of blue and white banners, loud cheesy music, lots of semi-interested people. There was also beer and eventually a live band. And Helmy gave a speech once people were sufficiently drunk. It was a pretty cool way to spend a Saturday night.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Lena: We love all the posts and the photos. Your mom joined Facebook and I was the 2nd person she "friended." We can't wait to see you in the spring. --UB

    ReplyDelete